Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Come on In!

Welcome, dear readers!  For those of you familiar with my previous blog (wordsmithatplay.blogspot.com), I decided that a fresh start was necessary; hence, my new address.  I like to think of my new web home as the 1920s Craftsman style house I will live in one day in the real world, with my dog and my husband. Alongside it is a picture of my London brownstone - necessary as my future husband and I will divide our time between the States and the UK.
For those of you that enjoyed reading my political tirades, there will be less of that here, but rest assured, I’ll still rant-n-roll from time to time.  Despite the election being over and Obama being re-elected (thank GOD!), I’ve no doubt that Republican idiots will utter something inane about female anatomy and/or autonomy sooner rather than later.  Rest assured, it will piss me off and I will take to this blog to vent my rage. 
But I would like to explore more than politics here.  When we find ourselves at the dinner table (made of reclaimed wood) in my 1920s Craftsman house, we’ll dish on all things policy and wonky, just like Rachel and Chris and Lawrence over at MSNBC.  But you may find yourself in the study/library of my London flat, in a cozy chair with a glass of Reisling, in which case I’ll likely be recommending the latest book that kept me up past my bedtime.  Or we might be in the family room, watching a little TV, eagerly awaiting the Golden Globes – hosted this year by TINA FEY and AMY POEHLER!!  Either that, or we’re watching BBC. 
Warning – we could also be curled up under the covers, frustrated over where to put our creative energies now that acting is on the back burner.  In that case, comments must be limited to cheerleading and positive reinforcement! 

No need to remove your shoes.  Help yourself to whatever's in the fridge (most likely some Mountain Dew, cheese, salad fixings) or the pantry (lots of crackers, butternut squash soup, pasta).  Make yourself comfortable.  I'm glad you're here.

3 comments:

  1. My extremely important and influential friend David Hilder says:

    "Well, thank God there will be pasta. The Smith Chalet lives! Yay!"

    He had trouble posting his comment because apparently blogspot has made it harder to do so. You have to choose from the "comment as" dropdown menu. For those of you inclined to comment, please don't let this stop you! Not like it did my extremely important and influential friend David Hilder. :)

    Thank you.

    ps: love you David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a marvelous blog, Julie. It's a great question what to do with ones creative energies when the desire to act has receded like the tide... I look forward to reading you always but this journey you are on parallels mine rather closely. I admire your openness and ability to articulate your dilemma's with such pith and wit. I'm rather a lump nowadays but still seem to be enthusiastic about other people's talents. Keep digging, darling. You are doing the work for all of us! xxx-a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this lovely note. I appreciate it more than you know. If you think anyone else would enjoy reading it by all means let them know. And thank you, again, for taking the time to post your thoughts here.

      Delete